Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Pier Burger


The Pier Burger, originally uploaded by ~db~.
I hadn't been to the Santa Monica Pier in several years. So when Labor Day provided a day off, I headed down to the beach. Pier Burger is a small "shack" on the pier itself, with a sign declaring "Last Burger on Land" and "At the End of the Custard Trail" (huh?). It looks like it's been there for years, but it turns out it's relatively new place, opened by King's Seafood, known for its decidedly more upscale places around town.

I ordered a Single Pier Burger, with a side of fries and an iced tea. The burger is pretty fantastic. Melty cheese, caramelized onions, really fresh tomato and lettuce top the burger, which is surrounded by a soft potato bun pillow. It quickly all melds together into a tasty little mass of flavor.

Seeing how small the burger is, I almost ordered a double, but am glad I didn't since I was stuffed by the time I was finished. The fries are of the skinny variety. A bit too thin for me, but they tasted good. The iced tea was refreshing on a hot day. A really good lunch. About $4.50 for the burger, $2.75 for the fries, and $2.50 for the iced tea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home