Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Umami Slashburger


Umami Slashburger, originally uploaded by ~db~.

For my latest trek to Umami Burger in Toluca Lake I had been intending on finally trying out their Original Burger. But when I sat down I was reminded about their special Slashburger, named for the former Guns 'n Roses guitarist. It's a couple of dollars more expensive than their other burgers, but at least one of those dollars is to be sent to the Los Angeles Youth Network, so there's that. The burger starts with the standard Umami Portuguese bun and house-ground beef burger, with braised shiitake mushrooms, caramelized onions, house American cheese, avocado spread, wasabi aioli. It's then topped a Parmesan crisp, which looks a bit more Kommunity FK than GnR, but still a nice touch.

The burger was pretty fantastic. The wasabi aioli especially opened up the flavor. And it's a great example of why that big puffy bun is the perfect way to sop up all the juicy juice. And as with other times I've enjoyed an Umami burger, I ate every bit of it, which is not something I can say about most burgers I order. Definitely worth it. Burger, about $15.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home