Monday, September 09, 2013

The Umami Original Dog


The Umami Original Dog, originally uploaded by ~db~.

For my third visit to the new Umami Burger in Toluca Lake, I decided to go with with the Original Dog. It's the same beef dog and bun as their other hot dogs, this time topped with fried (and pungent!) parmesan cheese, caramelized onions, and roasted tomato. A really tasty dog. Very assertive flavors all around, with the cheese nearly bringing tears to my eyes. My only quibble is the tomato kept sliding out and needed be be pushed back down with my fingers. But that messiness was a small price to pay.

The fries are of the thin variety which, as I've previously mentioned, are not my favorite kind. These were not bad, but I do wish they were crisper. Next time I'll ask for them well done. Their homemade ketchup is awesome.

All in all a good meal. Hot dog and fries, about $10.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home