Thursday, July 04, 2013

The Vicious Gumby Dog


The Vicious Gumby Dog, originally uploaded by ~db~.

Chewy is an innovative cuisinier at Vicious Dogs. His creations include the Luau Dog and the Goomba. His latest is the Gumby. It's a pineapple link, topped with tarator (tahini, garlic, lemon, and salt) and an avocado "mix" which contains blue cheese and bacon bits. It's all stuffed into a regular bun.

First, the pineapple in the link works much better than I thought it would. It's a fruit which can easily overpower other ingredients, and it only enhances them here. The avocado mix (Can't we just call it guacamole?) is excellent. I could just eat a big bowl of it alone. The tarator sauce is refreshing, but there wasn't enough of it. Talking with owner Willie, he said he'd rather the tarator be served on top of the guacamole (there, I said it), but he deferred Chewy, who was manning the grill at the moment. On top or underneath, I only wish there was more. The bun was fine, but I really need to remember to ask for my preferred poppy seed bun in the future.

So all in all it was a good, filling meal with especially good toppings. About $6.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home