Monday, December 24, 2012

Eine Bockwurst Currywurst


Eine Bockwurst Currywurst, originally uploaded by ~db~.
I was in Silverlake today and decided to have lunch at Berlin Currywurst. I ordered the bockwurst (veal and pork) currywurst, which comes with farmers bread, and a side of grünzeug, which is a sauerkraut salad with carrots and fresh orange pieces.

It was all good, though one side of the bread was pretty dry, as if it were cut from the end of the loaf. And didn't restaurants stop sprinkling spice around the edge of the plate a decade ago? Also, when the friendly person behind the counter asked how hot I wanted it (they have four heat levels), I said "hot, but not overpowering". So of course he gave me the very mildest heat level. Next time I'll be sure to specify level two or three. But these quibbles are minor. The sauerkraut salad was a surprise and quite refreshing. All in all it was a nice lunch for just over $11.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home