Thursday, March 07, 2013

NABS Crabcake Sandwich


Crabcake Sandwich, originally uploaded by ~db~.

The crabcake sandwich at Not a Burger Stand was one of the few things on the menu that I had yet to try. When I asked Super-Waitress Melissa about it she told me she hadn't tried it but customers said it was "A-May-Zing!" While I'm not a crabcake aficionado, I like crab a lot. So I ordered the sandwich with everything, along with a side of sweet potato fries.

The sandwich was fairly simple, as it should be. A crabcake topped by lettuce with thinly sliced tomato and onion, all set inside a toasted bun. The toppings were fresh and added a nice crunch with every bite. The crabcake was good and I admit to uttering one of those ooooohhhhh groans after my first big chomp. The only real downside was most of the crabcake smushed out after a couple bites and I ended up shoveling much of it back into the sandwich, and ultimately just ate about half of it off the plate. So not a bad thing, just messy. Tasty and messy.

The sweet potato fries were wonderful, as usual here. Well done on the outside, nearly crunchy, and pillowy soft on the inside with a ton of flavor.

It was a nice lunch with fantastic service on a beautiful afternoon. You can't beat that. Crabcake sandwich and sweet potato fries, about $14.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home