Tuesday, October 29, 2013

S'Links Memphis Dog


S'Links Memphis Dog, originally uploaded by ~db~.

S'Links is a new gourmet hot dog place which opened down the street from my home a couple months ago. This Memphis Dog is from its first or second night of being officially opened.

It's an 8" beef frank, with two bacon slices, a Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce, sliced green onions, and shredded cheddar cheese. That's all set into a custom bun made by the local Monrovia Bakery. It's a good dog. The slightly obscene frank is nice and beefy, if a bit bigger than I'm used to (I think they've since slimmed it down a bit), and the toppings are all good. The natural casing provides an terrific snap. The bun is excellent in taste, though it's size meant there was a lot of extra bread in the middle, and not so much on the ends. They've also since adjusted this so the bun is a bit longer and thinner.

It wasn't perfect. I wished the cheese was melted. I wished there was more sauce on the dog. I wish there wasn't so much bread left over. But all in all it was a good start for a new local restaurant and worth a return visit, or two. Hot dog, about $6.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home