Monday, November 11, 2013

The Truffle Dog


The Truffle Dog, originally uploaded by ~db~.

This is my favorite hot dog from Umami Burger in Toluca Lake, and the only one I've ordered more than once, well at least so far.

The Truffle Dog is the standard Umami beef frank and custom bun, topped with their excellent roasted garlic aioli, creamy truffle infused port onions, and melty house truffle cheese. It is good. You want one. Or two. My only issue is that in toasting the bun, it sometimes ends up being too dried out, as was the case here. I ended up picking off a lot of crunchy bits of bread. You might like this. Me? Not so much. Still, that's a small complaint because did I mention it was good?!?

I also ordered a half-dozen Cheesy Tots. Crunchy and full of flavor, they too were pretty excellent, especially just as they are served, hot and ready to be dipped into one of the sauces provided. Hot Dog and Cheesy Tots, under $11.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home