Sunday, December 30, 2012

Pulled Pork from Not A Burger Stand


Pulled Pork from Not A Burger Stand, originally uploaded by ~db~.
The first time I ate at Not a Burger Stand this was the sandwich everyone was talking about, so I was sure to order it when I returned. Unlike their thick-cut brisket, with its chewy strands, I like the substantial pieces of meat in this pulled pork sandwich. Of course that assumes the pork is cooked to a proper tenderness, which this is. The sauce has good flavor but is a little too sweet for my tastes and I'll probably order it on the side next time. The bun is toasted and, unlike with their hamburger and chicken sandwich, its size is a good thing, soaking up all the messiness. The cole slaw provides the crunch, and I like that the slaw isn't overly wet. The side of baked beans are properly cooked, and might be a bit too sweet, but not overly so. Overall, very nice. Pulled pork sandwich and baked beans, about $9.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home